Thursday, December 29, 2011



The following is my latest attempt at posting....and I do believe as I'm writing this that I realized that I did it backwards.....again....So, I do believe one of my goals for 2012 is to post as needed to prevent this from happening in the future.




Halloween 2011


This was the first year that we have lived in a suburban neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. I don't think we'll ever go back! It was so much fun to walk out and go house to house...no driving involved.:) We had a nice block party and met some more neighbors. Gunnar had so much fun introducing himself and his siblings to everyone he met. Hayden was Thor, Hunter was Percy Jackson (again), Cajsa was a Snow Princess, and Gunnar was the black Spiderman.
SUGAR COMA!!!!

Mom visiting is definitely a highlight of my year...it's so cool to see her play with the kids and spend time with them. She helps get my rear in gear for all these projects I've been meaning to do and love having her bring me down to earth. I'm so lucky to have her as my mom!



Cajsa's 7th Birthday
I think I'm still recovering from this party. It was so much fun to see Cajsa with her friends and with all the squeeling and giggling I'd say she will remember this one for a few more years. Rick was good enough to take Hunter and Hayden out for the day so we could have a complaint free zone. Cajsa based her party off of the Fancy Nancy Tea Party book...and boy did she take charge. I'm thinking I'll never need to plan another party again. Mom and I found this adorable dress at a local antique store which complimented the day perfectly.





Thanksgiving Day



Thanksgiving 2011
Rick did an amazing job with the turkey-bird again this year and I'm happy to let him be the King of the Bird! It seemed a little lonely without any family here this year, but we had a good time...and had a slippery game of football to end the day.


Gunnar's 5th Birthday
So, for some crazy reason this picture came out sideways...user error. Gunnar is obsessed with superheros and this is the fastest, easiest cake I've ever done...of course maybe not very perfected, but fast and easy nontheless. He is a joy, joy, joy to us and I love him so much I could squeeze him all the time if he let me.


The boys were Shepard's and Cajsa was an angel for the church Christmas program...who knew that Jedi's could also be Shepard's! It was a beautiful program.



Gingerbread House Time
Gunnar chose the spackel and paste technique, while Hunter went for a Hades theme. You can't see it, but he ate the heads off of the gummy bears that line his path to the house. He also has a boat sailing down the river Styx, along with a nice bonfire in the front. Hayden kept it fun with a nice snow theme complete with gummy bears jumping off the house onto a snow pile. Cajsa went for the "how much candy can I fit on this house" construction style. Hunter's house did last the longest...he ate the last piece of candy on Christmas Eve.

Temple Lights
We went to the Mesa Temple to tour the Nativity display and lights. I was surprised when Rick came home from work and said let's go see the lights tonight...a Monday...thinking that everyone else was going to go for Family Night. He put my worries aside saying that he was sure it wouldn't be that bad. So...we have a nice time singing songs in the car and having a lesson on the way...and...WHAT? Where did all these people come from? Needless to say it was a little crowded, but I was so happy that this was the first year we didn't lose or have to chase after anyone. Ahhh...it was a beautiful night.



Christmas Morning 2011
What a great day! I love getting up and seeing how excited everyone is! Janet and Merlyn where here this year so that made it extra special. I actually planned it so I didn't have to do any major cooking on Christmas...and I think we're going to keep that plan in place forever. The big gift for the boys was Lego Queen Anne's Revenge from Santa...I have never seen them so intent and compliant with each other before. It took them most of the day, but they got it all put together without any parental or grandparental help. Cajsa, our little librarian, received a set of American Girl books and is in heaven reading them to anyone who will listen. Rick spoiled me and I hope he gets my name every year!

2 comments:

Mead Family said...

Love all the pics! You guys look great! Hoping to make it through Arizona this summer. Did you make Cajsa's birthday cupcakes?! Will you plan my birthday party? Miss and love you guys!

Kiersten said...

I'm so glad that you updated! My Arizona memories are brought back seeing you. We love it here, but we miss our AZ friends.